This short, sweet and simple list recaps 25 of the most basic checklist for writers. While reading, I was reminded of Sun Tzu’s The Art of War. The best advice is quite often the most simple.
So I’ve posted these already on my Facebook and Twitter pages but I wanted to compile a list of all 25 tips together. Also, if you would like you can find these on my Facebook page and my Twitter feed where I post one writing tip a day.
- Fall in love with reading first. Then fall in love with writing next.
- Learn the rules of good writing before you break them.
- Perfect the art of imperfection.
- What is obvious to you may not necessarily be obvious to your audience.
- Writing starts with one person: you.
- Do: be specific. Do not: be vague.
- Every line in your story must be there for a reason. If there isn’t, get rid of it.
- To avoid confusion, avoid jargon.
- Avoid starting a sentence with a numeral.
- Before you become a full-fledged writer, you must first stop making excuses.
- Your writing can constantly…
View original post 194 more words